Route 236 Tour
4. Rt. 236
a. Captain John Hill Garrison, Farmgate Road (c. 1699)
Probable site of the c. 1699 garrison of John Hill, north side of Brattle Street, South Berwick. Looking northeast.
b. Nathan Lord’s Garrison, Lord’s Lane (c. 1690?)
Site of Nathan Lord’s garrison, built c. 1676-78, Lord’s Lane, South Berwick.
Roughly 225 yards west of junction with Rt. 236, looking north.
Garrison stood until c. 1816. (Photo: 2013)