Quamphegan Falls Tour


Quamphegan Falls Tour

Salmon Falls River / Counting House / Route 4



a) Site of Saw Mill (Thomas Broughton, Thomas Wiggin, Symon Bradstreet) (c. 1650)


b) Site of Thomas Holmes’s Garrison (c. 1690)


c) Site of Wabanaki Fishing Camp (pre-1634-late 17thC?), Power plant dam

(Photo: 2012)



d. Site of Upper Landing, (mid-17th?)

Site of upper landing of Old Berwick (c. 1634?), just south of the Counting House, Salmon Falls River, South Berwick. Looking southeast. (Photo: 2013)