Arthur Landry, cobbler; Reo Landry, barber

Arthur Landry, CobblerLandrey Cobbler Shop

Early 1900s - Landry Cobbler Shop - 406 Main Street

Cobbler Arthur Landry, who had operated at 438 Main in the Preston building, according to a local resident, built this shop in the early 1900s and repaired shoes.  It does not appear on the map of 1901, but is on the map of 1927.  Landry's son Reo, whose barber shop was in Central Square in the old Jewett Store, moved here in the late 1900s.  For years the building contained Reo's Barber Shop, operated by Arthur's grandson.  

Arthur Landry, cobbler   

 Reo Landry and customer Peter Michaud at Landry's Central Square shop, 1973Reo Landry and customer Peter Michaud, 1973