Capt. William Lowell Foote, woolen mill owner

House c. 1880

c. 1880 - House - 120 Main Street

A map of c. 1865 shows a house owned by a Chadwick on this site, and that of 1872 shows one belonging to an M. Eastman. A memoir of the 1830s indicates the site had been the location of the home of Capt. William Lowell Foote, who in the early 1800s operated a woolen mill that preceded the cotton mill at the Landing. In 1833 this fulling mill moved to the Great Works site.