Tour South Berwick Village section intro: Town Hall Area

Anchored by the site of South Berwick Railroad Station at the intersection of Main Street and Route 236 (that highway used to be the railroad until about 1950), this section of the village is today marked by two historic churches, the First Baptist and First Parish Federated, and two fine municipal structures built in the 1920s, South Berwick Central School and the former St. Michael’s Parochial School, now South Berwick Town Hall, as well a by the significant historic homes of several notable and interesting residents.

Most of this area is part of the South Berwick Village Historic District listed on the National Register of Historic Places.