Chas. E. Whitehead Tailor
Charles E. Whitehead (c. 1817-1878) was married to Mary B. Whitehead (1826-1908). They seem to have lived in South Berwick as early as the 1850s, and an early shop of his was one of the ones destroyed in the fire of 1870, and then reopened in the Business Block. The Whiteheads had at least six children, and lived at 324 Main Street at the corner of Norton Street. Their son, John B. Whitehead, born in 1852, continued in his father’s profession and still operated a men’s clothing store in South Berwick. He died in 1942.